In simple terms, product backlog grooming is a recurring meeting that the product owner sets up to help the team understand the current state of the product backlog and to prioritze backlog items.
Typically, the agenda for the Backlog Grooming Meeting is to:
- Identify the current state of the product backlog
- Prioritize the backlog items
- Remove items from the backlog that are no longer needed
- Re-prioritize the backlog items
- Identify the next steps to take
The Product Owner is the person who is responsible for the Product Backlog Grooming Meetings.
In most organizations, the Product Backlog Grooming Meeting takes place once a month. This gives teams two sprints to work on before re-prioritizing the backlog items.
Last updated: December 1st, 2023 at 10:14:07 AM GMT+0